Getting Started with
Scan Your Entire Life
If this is your first time here, let me tell you what this website community is all about and how you will benefit from it:
We believe every old photograph is still as important today as it was to our family members when they originally took them.
But many of them are paper prints, slides and film negatives, now fading inside of old albums and stuffed in envelopes and boxes, then stored deep in the backs of our closets.
It’s not that we don’t care about them. Not at all. It’s just that most of us don’t know the next steps needed to properly care for them.
But here’s what we all do know:
- We want our entire collection “digitized” so we can easily access them on our computers, tablets and smartphones and then share them with our loved ones.
- And we want our collection to be organized and labeled, probably with the help of our families, so that we will always remember who’s in in each photo and why it’s so valuable to us.
Why is all of this so important to us?
Most people will never be famous movie stars, royalty or important enough in their own society to have a library named after them. So for the rest of us, the legacy we build in this physical world is instead embodied in the photographs and stories we will eventually leave behind.
Scan Your Entire Life is where you can connect with and learn from like-minded people.
None of us are professional technicians who wear those white lab coats. Instead, we are normal, usually busy, and possibly technically-challenged everyday people who just want what’s best (within our own means) for our photo collections.
We believe by working hard and merging our old “analog” film and paper photographs with our newer digital camera images into one super amazing all-encompassing digital photo collection… our family’s memories will live on forever.
The clock is ticking …
Please don’t make your collection wait any longer.
Since you’re ready to get started, here are the 3 things
you should do right now:
Not only will you receive a treasured spot in our community, but I’ll also hook you up with…
- My free personal training series that will immediately start arriving in your inbox about once a week. It will be like having me sit with you one and one, showing you how to accomplish everything I know you want to accomplish with your photo collection.
- Notice of featured articles just added to the website when there’s a new one I know you won’t want to miss.
- Tips and tricks that will make your progress easier and save you time. You won’t find these published anywhere else on my website.
Unlike other email lists you may have subscribed to, I don’t sell anything from mine. I am not a “promoter.” I just give you awesome information and at times will even engage with you.
You can unsubscribe anytime at the “click of a button.” But I promise you will not be disappointed.
All of this help is being created specially for you. Just tell me you are finally serious about your photo collection.
So you're ready to get serious?
When I find interesting or entertaining “photo-related” articles and videos elsewhere on the internet, or have micro-updates on what I’m currently working on “behind the scenes” with this website, I like to share them with you on Facebook. It’s the best place for this type of information that may not really deserve a full-on post in the Blog.
And hey, when you want to ask me a simple question and you can’t find a blog post here with a similar topic so you can write it in the comments below, Facebook is the perfect place.
So don’t be shy, check out my Facebook page. But don’t just peruse, consider‘ing it too!
And then write something nice to me — I promise, I’ll write you back!
What It’s Really Like Scanning Your Photo Collection
- How Quickly You Could Scan Your Entire Photo Collection — What I Discovered From My First Week of Scanning
- My Inspiring Progress Report for January 2012
- My Inspiring Progress Report for February – March 2012
- My Inspiring Photo Scanning Progress Report for April 2012
Help Managing Your Digital Photos
- Use 1 of These 4 Photo Managers If You Care About Your Photo Collection
- What Everybody Ought to Know When Naming Your Scanned Photos (3-Part Series)
- If You Don’t Add This to the Filename of Your Scanned Photos, You’ll Probably Hate Yourself Later
- The Best Way to Add a Description (Caption) to Your Scanned Photos
Feel Stuck and Just Can’t Get Started?
- Why It Took Me 8 Years to Scan My 2nd Photograph
- Is Organization Preventing You From Starting to Scan Your Photo Collection?
- The Top 13 Reasons Why You Should Already Be Scanning Your Photo Collection
Scanning Techniques You Wanna Know … Before
- The DPI You Should Be Scanning Your Paper Photographs
- PNG or TIFF – Do You Know Which Format Won’t Hurt Your Scanned Photos?
- Scanning Your Film Negatives vs. Prints: An Interesting Comparison
- Could This Be the Most Ingenious Way to Scan the Backs of Your Photographs?
- The Simplest Way to Know Which Photos You Have Already Scanned